1. The entry must include both avocado, and toast.
• Avocado (Persea americana) may exist in any form.
• Toast, as defined by us, is a toasted substance, typically (but not always) composed of a kind of ground flour, which has been baked, sliced, then toasted.
• Avocado and Toast should be the main ingredients, or 'heros' of the dish, however additional foods and garnishes are encouraged, so don't constrain creativity, go f#c(%# wild mate!
2. Judges will assign merit points based on the following:
• Sense of value (the balance of cost, quality, freshness, and so on)
• Innovation through variations such as smashed / sliced avocado (avo foam? avo mist anyone?) and appropriate / quirky garnishes
• Plating and presentation, general aesthetics
• Overall deliciousness
BONUS POINTS AWARDED FOR WITTY SOCIAL COMMENTARY AND PUBLIC FANFARE
We want to encourage interesting, topical social digest of current issues, through the story telling medium of avocado toast. It's not just about the toast - it's also how you promote it, how you celebrate and honour your avocado toast.
Think to yourself "What is the meta-narrative of my avocado toast? What are the primary design principles that inform its gestalt? What am I saying and trying to achieve here with my avocado toast? Is it just just a plate of of bread and vegetables, or can it be something more? Are plants really sentient?"
3. Registration and judging timeline
• Registrations to participate with your avo toast creations must be received by 20th March
• Judging period for avo toast creations will run from 20th March to 20th April
• Winners will be announced by the end of May and a small celebration held for the applicants (AVO-COBID-69 OVERLORDS PERMITTING)
4. Wellington Hospo: Let's create a new culture of avocado toast in Wellington!
• All entries welcomed big and small: this award will run seasonally, with a long-term view to become a Wellington institution, therefore we encourage you not to be daunted by it, but just have fun and give it a go. There's no wrong answers with avo.
• Venues may submit more than one menu entry / take on avo toast, but a separate application will be required for each plate
• Will provide a written commentary and photos of their unique avocado toast, including cost (menu cost)
• Will provide a photo of their dish, along with at least one other image (logo or venue shot) they would like associated with their venue for distribution through the WATA social media
• Will provide the times that the dish will be available at their venue, and commit to serving the dish during these times for the duration of the event